- getting my bachelors in CompEng
- senior project: implementing the MIPS architecture as described in patterson & hennessy in VHDL, synthesizing it to a FPGA, tricking it into running programs.
trying to get back into web and desktop programming
- learn some Go because that shit looks phat (read tgpl)
find a book or something that goes over simple html/css/js and isn't dumb as hell. update: not many good ones out there. shay howe had a good one but its out of print. elizabeth's castro's book is another option but it looks hefty. might just stick to online references.
- program ideas: blog software that lets me write markdown pages here easily. tinychan 1.0 clone. (pre-req: actual web programming stuff)
similarly, trying to get back into unix (or general OS) stuff.
- step one: set up an OpenBSD vm
- step two: learn something new everyday :-)
- potentially useful books: absolute openbsd, that tanenbaum one
trying to learn how git werx. need to start uploading my projects. will report back with a nice tutorial page when i find one. this looks cool but im not even sure what it is.
looking for a web browser that doesn't SUCK
- icecat is ideal if i can get it to compile. waterfox looks nice. user.js tweakage perhaps required
trying to throw together a strength training routine, or at least do some pushups once in a while.
- "currently" reading bodyweight strength training anantomy by bret contreras. cool book.